Monday, April 15, 2013

Keep on Truckin' - Weekly Forecast

Tarot of the Cat People

I’ve decided rather than try to do a daily draw here on the blog, I will use my Facebook page for that, and just post a weekly outlook each Monday, with a follow-up later in the week to see how well I was able to interpret the cards. I’m using a very simple spread for this, 7 cards, one for each day, with an 8th card drawn as the overall theme of the week.  

This week, I came up all Swords and Pentacles. Four Sword cards and two Pentacles in the daily readings, with an additional Pentacle for the overall. I had no Cups cards at all, and only one Wand. Also, there were no Major Arcana cards, and four reversals. Guess it’s going to be a week focused on thoughts and needs, rather than emotions, taking care of the little day-to-day stuff. Here is this week’s reading:


 
My Weekly Forecast for April 15, 2013
 
Overall – Three of Pentacles

Monday – King of Pentacles (Reversed)
Tuesday – Queen of Swords (Reversed)
Wednesday – Four of Swords (Reversed)
Thursday – Four of Pentacles
Friday – Two of Swords
Saturday – Ten of Swords (Reversed)
Sunday – Knight of Wands

Monday – King of Pentacles (Reversed)

From what I can tell, this card seems to be indicating being stuck in a rut, or resistant to change. I may be reading it wrong, though, since my Monday is half over, and I haven’t noticed anything particularly along these lines in myself. In fact, for once I was able to break out of my usual routines and get some stuff done that’s been lingering for a while.




 Tuesday – Queen of Swords (Reversed)

A reversed Queen of Swords indicates a difficulty in making decisions, or a breakdown in communication. It can also indicate being overly emotional when you need to have clear, rational thoughts. I can think of a few possibilities for this, but will wait and see.





 Wednesday – Four of Swords (Reversed)

Stagnation seems to be the word that comes up the most with this card reversed. That, and frustration at a lack of change or progress. I’m not surprised to see this on Weds., as I have a work meeting that day that is usually fairly unproductive.






Thursday – Four of Pentacles

The card of holding on. Could indicate merely reaching a stable place, but given my recent money fears, I tend to see this as holding too tightly, being afraid to change for fear of losing what you have. I’ve finally gotten to a place where I’m fairly happy, but there’s been a lot of change lately, mostly positive. It makes me wonder when the other shoe is going to drop.




Friday – Two of Swords

The two of swords generally indicates a decision that needs to be made, possibly a difficult one. It can also indicate that the querant has been trying to hide from making a decision, highly likely in my case, I must admit. After I drew all my cards for the weekly outlook, I cut the remaining deck and drew two more cards to help determine what the decision could be about. I got the Nine of Pentacles (Reversed) and The Star (Reversed).



The Nine of Pentacles reversed could indicate a financial setback or loss. The Star reversed tends to indicate a setback in the spiritual realm, a crisis of faith. Not exactly the kind of choice I’d like to be facing, all in all. We will have to see what the week brings.






 Saturday – Ten of Swords (Reversed)

Reversed, this card indicates a resistance to an inevitable conclusion, a reluctance to make a decision that has to be made. It can also indicate a fear of the worst-case scenario.  Makes me wonder what my week has in store, and what situation I’ll need to “rip the band-aid off” with.





Sunday – Knight of Wands

Finally, a potentially positive card to finish off the week. Possibly starting a new project, or having sudden changes in my life. After the stagnation of the Four of Swords (rev.) earlier in the week, this card is like a breath of fresh air blowing in a new cycle.






Overall – Three of Pentacles

This card can indicate opportunity, and signal a time when careful planning and hard work can bring a dream to fruition. Despite the daily struggles of the sword cards, I should keep focused on my goals and keep trying to bring them to pass. In other words, just keep on truckin'.






So those are my thoughts and interpretations, but I’d be glad to hear other takes on it, as well as your own readings for the week. 

--Miranda

1 comment:

  1. Love the moon phase
    And the whole site looks well thought out and -had a calming effect on this old witch!

    ReplyDelete